Monday 12 February 2024

Mid-(PhD)-Life Crisis

I've worked it all out, I'm going through a mid-PhD-life crisis! 

It all makes sense, my thoughts, emotions, and sense of identity have all gone haywire. I'm spending money and going on trips more than usual - I bought a coffee machine, and I've booked flights to go to Adelaide and to Brisbane in the next few months. I'm questioning so many things in my personal life. However, what's interesting is that I'm not questioning doing my PhD. For a mid-PhD-life crisis, doing the PhD is the only thing I'm certain of! 

When you think about what I'm currently doing in my PhD though, it's stuff that I'm either good at (fieldwork), or just monotonous tasks (ie, image analysis). When I'm up to the statistics and writing parts then I will be going completely crazy with super anxiety. Perhaps right now I am redirecting my PhD anxiety and channeling it all into a personal life crisis. Procrastinating with personal life problems?

Just a short post, for now, have some memes...





Ps. I also purchased a silver sequin top online last night... and I'm thinking of going blonde again....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sparks?

Hello there... the angel from my... rainforest? My enjoyment of research has been partially reignited, probably only temporarily considering...